Need more participants?
- Given an honest estimation of how long the survey will take to complete.
- Is the survey smartphone and tablet friendly?
- Keep any text used to attract participants short and to the point
- Is there an easy link to follow to participate in your survey?
- Does the survey have a QR Code to help people access the survey on their smartphones?
- Offer a prize such as an online voucher. You can do this even if you study is anonymous. Simply, create an extra survey (Survey X). When you main survey ends you offer participants to participate in a prize draw by clicking a link to Survey X. Make sure to explain to the participants that the main survey and Survey X are no linked. Survey X simply asks for an email address and/or a phone number to reach them on and tells them when the draw will happen.
- Here are links to other pages discussing this issue
- You can make an experiment sound much more exciting than a survey even add images to your ads (e.g., equipment, figures, participants, program environments).
- If you are keeping your participants for extended periods make sure to compensate them for their time (e.g., direct payment, vouchers) and maybe provide food and drink.